Igado (liver) is a specialty dish of the Ilocano. It is cooked with pork’s tenderloin and pig’s liver. The estimated cost for this recipe is 150 to 200 and can serve 5 happy eating persons. Cooking time is 50 to 60 minutes.
- 1/2 kilograms pig’s liver
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin sliced into 2 inch strips
- 1 piece red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 piece diced onion
- 5 pieces string beans
- 2 pieces of eggplant cut into strips
- 5 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- salt and pepper for taste adjustment
- Heat the cooking pot and pour in the cooking oil.
- Saute’ the garlic and onions.
- Add the tenderloin and continue cooking until the color of the outer part turns light brown.
- Pour in the soy sauce and water and simmer until the pork is tender.
- Add the pig’s liver, strings beans, eggplant, salt and pepper and add the vinegar then simmer. Allow the liquid to evaporate until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve and enjoy eating.